Monday, April 13, 2009

And Then There Was Blogging

I never knew how important all those creative writing classes I took in high school and college would turn out to be. Back in the '70's the idea of blogging wasn't even a twinkle in a computer tech's eyes.

And now it seems I do some creative writing every day, whether in a blog, a long hand journal, an ad brochure, or on Twitter.com. The written word can also be incorporated into collage and mixed media art.

Lettering in itself is an artform, and now there are a plethora of fonts to choose from as well as calligraphing your own letters. I think we take letters and words for granted in a ubiquitous sort of a way. But yet many in the world are illiterate and we take our own skills for granted.

So many find that while they can start a blog, they run out of juice after a few posts. It helps to have a topic for your blog. I have over 60 blogs. Feel free to surf some of them via my profile for topic ideas. Life changes moment by moment, so there is always something new to blog about.

No comments: