Saturday, February 28, 2009

Aquarium Humor

Today I got some frozen bloodworms for my new fish. I was looking forward to seeing their reaction. It comes in a cube about 1/2" around. So I plonk it in there and the smaller fish on top (zebras, cherry barbs, neons) hit on it right away, but after the first burst they lose interest. It floats over by the heater where it blends in and they ignore it. So I watch for a bit. Then one of the African frogs on the bottom spots it, and ever so slowing makes his way towards it. Suddenly, he grabs the whole cube and starts barrel rolling down. The cube is flying apart, and he swallowed from 1/3 to 1/2 of it all by himself. He's going to have one heck of a belly ache. Then when he sat on the bottom, the other frogs start gulping down what he missed. So I think it's safe to say that African frogs like blood worms. The fat frog went up to the surface to get some air, then dove towards the red lava. He lost his balance with his full tummy and made a crazy landing.

No comments: